Doctors of BC announces insurance partnership with Canadian Federation of Medical Students
Doctors of BC is one of five Provincial-Territorial Medical Associations (PTMAs) who have signed a five-year agreement with the Canadian Federation of Medical Students. After extensive research, Canadian Federation of Medical Students determined that the Doctors of BC and PTMA insurance programs best addressed the unique needs of students. The agreement means the federation will exclusively endorse our insurance products with all its members.
This is good news for Doctors of BC. Doctors of BC will collaborate with CFMS to ensure student insurance continues to be comprehensive and competitive. The agreement demonstrates our commitment to educating students on how insurance is integral to their financial wellness.
Doctors of BC has a long history of providing comprehensive insurance programs for medical students, residents and physicians. All students in BC and residents across Canada have access to our member programs, that include:
- Disability insurance at no cost throughout 4 years of medical school.
- Specially designed and discounted resident disability insurance that covers training and practice worldwide.
- Some types of insurance coverage available without proof of good health.
- A wide range of competitive insurance products designed for physicians, that include: disability, term life, critical illness and extended health coverage.
- Return of surplus premiums back to participating members.
- Complimentary advice from non-commissioned, licensed advisors who understand physicians’ needs.
- Full service offering of exclusive association programs and individual private insurance to provide the best solutions.
More information about the agreement can be found here