Doctors of BC provides a range of services and supports to represent medical students while you are in school and throughout your career. Membership for medical students is provided by Doctors of BC at no charge to you and gives a range of benefits.
When you are a member of Doctors of BC, you also become a member of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), the national advocating body for physicians.
Why become a member of Doctors of BC?
By becoming a member, students can:
- Become part of a medical community working toward meaningful change in the health care system
- Get support in dealing with government and other bodies on issues of importance to you
- Access to student loan forgiveness programs and $150,000 in annual bursaries
- Have disability and life insurance paid in your first year, with discounted rates in subsequent years
- Access free confidential counselling services and wellness support through the Physician Health Program. For more information visit physicianhealth.com or call 1-800-663-6729
- Network with experienced doctors to learn about their experiences in different facets of medicine
- Submit articles and blog posts to the BC Medical Journal and are eligible to enter into literary contests
- Apply for summer internships at Doctors of BC
- Have member access to exclusive deals on many products and services; including Telus phone plans, movie passes, ski passes, and car rentals
Join Doctors of BC today to take advantage of these benefits and more.