We will approach our work with optimism.
We will build trust through:
- Assuming that each of us is speaking from a place of good intent.
- Acknowledging and accepting our imperfection; individual and collective.
- Speaking from a place of a wise mind; validate feelings, speak from a place of fact.
- Being open in dialogue.
- Speak externally with a unified and positive voice.
- A collective and individual commitment to humility.
- A collective focus on our need and desire to serve all of our members and deliver on our strategic plan.
- Acknowledging the stress on each of us through the pandemic.
We will develop through:
- Allowing each of us to feel comfortable to speak to our knowledge gaps.
- Empowering each of us to offer and accept mentoring, individually and collectively.
- Delivering a place of critical solidarity – creating a safe place to grow through improved trust.
- Formal learning; individual and collective.
We will build the external reputation of our board through:
- Speaking to external leaders positively of the board.
- Inviting more leaders as guests to the board table.
- Bringing ourselves closer to our staff – bring staff to the board table, encourage staff to speak up with their knowledge and insight.
- Working more closely with the societies.