The CLIC 2019 Conference will be hosted in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. We welcome anyone with stakes in clinical education, be it LIC enthusiasts or first-timers, faculty, staff, or students. Previous participants have referred to CLIC Conferences as “unlike other conferences”, and “a place of debate and deliberation”. As continuity of relationships — with patients, peers, preceptors and/or programmes — underlies the foundation of LICs, we look forward to connecting, learning, influencing and championing change aimed at advancing clinical education and ultimately, patient care.
By the end of the conference, attendees will:
1. Understand the challenges and benefits of Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships
2. Develop strategies for implementing and ensuring the longevity and effectiveness of Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship programs
3. Be challenged to think innovatively about new ways to deliver medical education
4. Become aware of innovations that have been delivered internationally
5. Build informal international networks among faculty, administrators and students