Doctors of BC Silver Medal of Service Award
The Doctors of BC Silver Medal of Service is awarded to physicians who have made outstanding contributions to medicine and / or improving the welfare of British Columbians.
Physician nominees must have 25 years of membership in good standing with Doctors of BC, the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC).
Criteria for the award include one of the following:
- Long and distinguished service to the Doctors of BC, or
- Outstanding contributions to medicine and/or medical/political involvement in British Columbia or Canada, or
- Outstanding contributions to medicine and/or to the welfare of the people of British Columbia or Canada.
How to nominate:
The nomination process requires that the nominator:
- Obtains two letters of support and a curriculum vitae for the nominee.
- Submits the nomination application either by:
- downloading and completing the PDF here and sending all nomination materials to email@example.com; or,
- completing the online application form and attaching all nomination materials here.
- Submits all nomination materials by the nomination deadline 11:59 PM on Saturday November 30, 2019.
Review of Nominations:
- Nominations are initially reviewed by the Awards Committee at their meeting in December. Up to 3 candidates for the award can be selected, although the Association is not obligated to make the award annually.
- The Committee submits their candidate to the Doctors of BC Board of Directors for their review and approval in January.
- In February, the successful candidate is contacted and informed of their selection as well as the ceremony details for accepting their award. Nominators for the unsuccessful nominations will also be notified.
The names of the awardees are generally made public during the month of June.
Awardees will receive the medal during the awards ceremony at the Doctors of BC Annual General Meeting in June or it can be mailed out after the ceremony at the request of the recipient.