The Parental Leave Program (PLP) covers leaves taken as a result of:
- Pregnancy of an eligible physician or the physician’s spouse.
- An adoption of a child.
- A surrogacy arrangement.
You must have been paid on a fee-for-service basis or sessional basis (or both) by MSP or through a non-salaried service contract in:
- The prior calendar year to the commencement of the leave, or
- In the 12 months prior to your child's birth date
You are not eligible if you:
- Are a salaried physician (benefit should be received directly from employer as per the Provincial Salary Agreement).
- Are receiving a parental benefit from another program.