Automatic Coverage for all Members!
All Doctors of BC members are automatically provided with free Identity Theft coverage. There’s no sign-up necessary or application form to fill out.
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft is a crime where someone wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s identifying information.
- Mail/Data theft – mail theft from residences and personal spaces, theft of personal data in business transactions, theft from company or government databases.
- E-mail phishing - "spoofed" emails that appear to belong to legitimate businesses and redirect consumers to a spoofed website that appears to be legitimate.
- Pretexting - "pretext" phone calls, emails, text messages purporting to be from legitimate businesses asking for personal information.
Read some valuable tips to help protect against identity theft.
What Identity Theft Insurance coverage does my membership provide?
- Coverage for all members and spouses up to $25,000, no deductible.
- Lost wages for time taken off from work to deal with fraud, up to $500/week up to 4 weeks.
- Notary and certified mail charges for completing and delivering fraud affidavits.
- Fees to re-apply for loans denied due to erroneous credit information resulting from theft.
- Telephone charges for calling merchants, law enforcement agencies or credit grantors.
- Attorney fees incurred, with the Insurer’s prior consent, for:
- Defending suits brought incorrectly by merchants or collection agencies.
- Removing criminal or civil judgments wrongly entered against the victim.
Certificate of Insurance:
Certificate of Insurance contains claim and general inquiry contact numbers.
Contact the Mardon Group at 604 877 7762 or 1 866 846 4467